New Wanaka Pool
The new Wanaka Pool is opening soon!
Construction of the new complex is due to be finished by the end of May. We should know a definite opening date around mid-April and will be making a big splash (if you’ll pardon the pun!) at the time.
Early-bird memberships on sale 1 April 2018
Pre-paid memberships for the new 3-pool complex next to the existing Wanaka Recreation Centre (Three Parks off Ballantyne Rd) go on sale from 1 April.
Prices are increasing to match those of Alpine Aqualand over in Frankton. You can find them here. NB Existing memberships will be transferred across to the new pool and will continue to run at their current rate until expiry, even if this date is after the new pool opening.
Dive in before opening day to score some special early-bird promotions for both existing and new members, including:
- A shiny new RFID tag providing automatic entry to the new pool once open
- FREE extra weeks loaded onto your membership term or concession card (see below)
- Vouchers for one FREE swim at the new pool AND one FREE game of Foot Golf at Frankton Golf Centre
- A voucher for 10% off Speedo items at our on-site retail outlet (valid until 31st August 2018)
- A chance to win one of five Speedo prize packs (each valued at more than $200)
- The first 100 people to sign up get a FREE Speedo kit bag
- PLUS all existing members who extend their current membership before 31 May AND all current direct debit members go into the draw to win a super-exclusive ‘first splash in the new pool’ on opening day!
There are packages to suit everyone from solo swimmers to families and seniors.
Just head into Wanaka Recreation Centre or the existing pool on Plantation Road after 1 April. Terms & conditions apply.
Your existing membership will be transferred across and will continue to run at its current rate until it expires, even if this date is after the new pool opening.
Any existing members who renew their pre-paid membership or buy a concession card between 1 April and the opening day of the new pool will enjoy FREE extra time added to their membership as follows:
- Prepaid: Buy 12 months, get 2 months free
- Prepaid: Buy 6 months, get 1 month free
- Prepaid: Buy 3 months, get 2 week free
- Concessions: Buy a 10-concession card, get 2 free swims (max 2 loads)
- Members paying by direct debit won’t receive any free extra time, as these are ongoing memberships but they still receive a Membership Pack which includes all the benefits shown above.
Any new members who buy pre-paid membership or a concession card between 1 April and the opening day of the new pool will enjoy FREE extra time added to their membership as follows:
- Prepaid: Buy 12 months, get 1 month free
- Prepaid: Buy 6 months, get 2 weeks free
- Prepaid: Buy 3 months, get 1 week free
- Concessions: Buy 10 concession, get 1 free swim (max 2 loads)
- New members paying by direct debit do not receive any promotions.
Other key points to note:
- Pre-paid memberships and concessions can be purchased at the existing Wanaka Pool (Plantation Rd) or Wanaka Recreation Centre from 1 April up to and including opening day. Customers cannot sign up for a direct debit membership until the opening date
- Membership packs and RFID tags can be collected from 1 May from Wanaka Recreation Centre only
- Customers can purchase a new prepaid membership even if their current one doesn’t expire for a whole year
- Extra free weeks/months (as per the early bird promotion) will be loaded at the time membership packs and RFID tags are collected and membership form hard copies are updated and signed.
If you’d like to be the first to hear about news about the new pool and Wanaka Recreation Centre please email Sam White to be added to the list to receive ‘The Rec Report’ – our Wanaka-only email newsletter. You can also follow QLDC Sport & Recreation on Facebook.
If you have any further questions about membership of the new pool then please call us on (03) 443 9334 or email Wanaka Pool.