Feel like trying something new to keep fit and active at Wanaka Recreation Centre?
We like to trial new programmes and activities throughout the year that will appeal to a host of different ages and interests.
All activities are provided for just normal entry prices – there's no extra to pay. Drop by Wanaka Recreation Centre or like us on Facebook @QLDCSportRec to keep informed of dates and classes.
Our first Have-a-Go month takes place throughout November 2018.
Thighs, bums and tums with a Zumba twist, mums and bubs buggy fit, flippa-ball for kids – something for everyone! See the full timetable below.
HAVE-A-GO WEEK TIMETABLE:
- Mature Movers - a fun social class that will enable you to maintain good movement, tone, posture and vitality
- Aqua moves - a lower intensity joint-friendly workout in the water; incorporates walking/jogging best suited for those wanting to tread back to fitness, mobility, tone and strengthen in a social environment
- Aqua fit – a higher energy aqua class. Lots of fun suited to those who enjoy dancing to music but want something a little more joint-friendly, have plenty of energy and are physically well but perhaps mentally need an uplift and a social boost!
- Zumba TTB - Zumba exercise to music so dance to the beat of music with exercises that follow on to focus on strengthening and toning thighs, tums (core) & bums
- Buggy-fit- bring your bub and buggy along and join others! Get a little social and fitter at the same time with moves that safely incorporate the use of a buggy with a special indoor area where you can place your child and watch them. Feel good after a full body conditioning workout!
- Flippa Ball - this fun game is NZ Water Polo's modified form of water polo developed specially for kids. It's played in the shallow end (so players' feet can touch the bottom) and is a great way for kids to be active while building confidence in the pool. Watch this short video for a taste of what's in store!