School Holiday Programme
Carry on reading below for details of the Queenstown-based holiday programme.
For details of the Wanaka Recreation Centre holiday programme click here.
BOOKINGS FOR BOTH SUMMER 2019-20 PROGRAMMES ARE OPEN!
Queenstown's Sport and Recreation Holiday Programme is filled with fun for kids aged 5-12 years. Each day is based around a key activity with additional sports, activities and games to keep kids busy and active.
You can view and download the full programme brochure here. The summer programme begins on Thursday 19 December 2019.
You can pick up a booking form from Queenstown Events Centre reception or download it here.
Follow us on Facebook to receive updates on the Holiday Programme and all other QLDC Sport & Rec news.
How much fun is our school holiday programme? THIS much...
Important Information (Queenstown programme)
- Junior and senior programmes are run separately
- Session spaces are limited so advance bookings are recommended
- Bookings are essential and all payments must be made in advance
- Bookings can be made from 9 December 2019 via email (with a scanned copy of your booking form) or in person at Queenstown Events Centre Customer Services desk
- Bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment
- NO REFUNDS, FAMILY CREDITS, OR DAY EXCHANGES will be made for changes or cancellations to bookings
- Certain circumstances resulting in absences may be considered for Holiday Programme credit but there will be no refunds
- If applying for an Oscar subsidy please make your booking directly with on 03 450 9005 or email email@example.com.
Programme Hours & Prices
- Day session: 8.00am - 3.30pm, prices start at $30 for both Juniors and Seniors
- Late session: 3.30pm - 5.30pm, $10 per child
- Drop offs: Doors open at 8.00am but no later than 9.30am please as it is very disruptive. Late fees will be charged if you pick your child up after 3.30pm (unless you have pre-booked the late session for that day) and additional costs if after 5.30pm
- Christmas Eve is a half-day session only: Drop off between 7.30-9.00am and pick up between 1.00-1.30pm (no late session).
- All children MUST bring water bottles and hats, plus warm clothes
- Sessions are based from Queenstown Events Centre, Queenstown Memorial Centre or Arrowtown (usually Jack Reid Park)
- The staff-child ratio will be no less than 1:10 and 1:8 on away days
- Packed lunches are recommended, however $5 lunch combos, $2.50 pizzas and $2 ice blocks are available most days. Please place your order in the morning with the supervisors. Pizza and ice blocks are available for purchase at Queenstown Events Centre ONLY
- The Holiday Programme has a 'no nut' policy
- Please bring a warm jacket and shoes on cold days and sun hats on hot days
- Please name all clothing. Lost property will be held for two weeks after the Holiday Progamme finishes, before being take to Happiness House
- Please do not bring valuables to the holiday programme, including new toys, iPods, PSPs jewellery or money.
Library Holiday Programme
Queenstown Lakes Libraries are running a summer reading bingo challenge over the 2019-20 school holidays. There are separate challenges for primary and secondary kids with a chance to win awesome prizes from local tour operators and retailers.
Click here for more info.
During most other school holidays you can join us at Arrowtown, Frankton, Hawea, Kingston, Queenstown and Wanaka libraries for a range of fun craft activities. These sessions are free, however bookings are essential as spaces are limited. Contact your local library as follows:
- Arrowtown Library - 03 442 1607
- Frankton Library - 03 441 3690
- Hawea Library - 03 443 9371
- Queenstown Library - 03 441 0600
- Wanaka Library - 03 443 0410.