- Home >
Rockatipu Climbing Wall
Exciting news! The time has finally come - you can now book in online for the climbing wall (for sessions 24-hours in advance). We now only accept online bookings.
If you are a current member of Queenstown Events Centre (Gym, Swim or belay license holder) you must have your own member log-in to book online. Take the time to log in now if you haven’t already.
Please copy and paste the link below into your browser and follow the prompts to create your log in:
- To make an online booking, log in using your member log in
- Select Book Online on the top right corner of your tool bar. Select climbing and your chosen day and time. Please note the earliest time you can book is exactly 24 hours before the session begins. Online bookings close 30 minutes before the session
- Follow the prompts to make your booking
- You will receive a confirmation email with a calendar reminder for your booking
- To cancel, click the magnifying glass icon under Manage Upcoming Bookings Section. Please remember that cancellations are appreciated at your earliest convenience to allow others to take your place
- For enquiries made for class space within 30 minutes of the class starting, please phone or come in and see the Customer Service Team.
If you are not a member you can book online under the Climb section on our website, by clicking the Climbing Book Now button. Please complete the online membership form the first time you sign in, future bookings can then be done as per the above ‘member’ process.
Don’t forget to stop by reception at least 5 minutes before to pay for your session or swipe in if you are a concession card holder. If you are a member of Queenstown Climbing Club, please bring the card along with you so the Customer Service Team are able to charge you accordingly.
Should you have any questions please contact your customer service team:
- T: 03 450 9005
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reaching a dramatic 12 metres in height, our wall features a wide range of climbs, catering for complete beginners through to expert lead climbers.
- Over 20 climbs available for leading and top roping
- Vertical and overhanging rock features
- Friendly, qualified instructors
- Kids' climbing courses
- Equipment hire.
If you've never done it before, our qualified instructors are happy to show you the ropes. They will help make hanging out on the wall easy!
We have climbing harnesses and shoes available for hire if you don’t have your own.
Adults are required to obtain a Rockatipu Climbing Wall Belay Licence before they can climb without an instructor or with children. These can be obtained during the instructor session times below and are valid for 12 months. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult who holds a Rockatipu Climbing Wall Belay Licence.
Experienced climbers will find challenges in our vertical and overhanging features, and there are 12 lead climbs available for experts only.
Kids climbing courses are available during the school term. Group bookings are available all year round for both kids and adults, with a little advance notice.
Rockatipu Climbing Wall is a great option to keep in mind for a kid’s birthday party.
All climbers must obtain a Rockatipu Climbing Wall Belay Licence prior to climbing on the wall without an instructor. These belay licences can only be obtained during our Instructor Sessions. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult who holds a Rockatipu Climbing Wall Belay Licence, unless attending term climbing lessons with a qualified instructor. Expert climbers must obtain a Rockatipu Climbing Wall Lead Licence prior to lead climbing on Rockatipu Climbing Wall. Belay licences are valid for 12 months from date of issue.