School Holiday Programme
Queenstown's Sport and Recreation Holiday Programme is filled with fun for kids aged 5-12 years. Each day is based around a key activity, with additional sports, activities and games to keep kids busy and active.
Our next Holiday Programme will be held over five weeks during summer. Dates include:
- Week 1: 19th December – 23rd December
- Week 2: 4th January – 6th January
- Week 3: 9th January – 13th January
- Week 4: 16th January – 20th January
- Week 5: 23rd January – 27th January
Bookings are now open and are available on a first in - first served basis.
Follow us on Facebook to receive updates on the Holiday Programme.
- Junior and senior programmes are run separately.
- Session spaces are limited so advance bookings are recommended.
- Bookings are essential and all payments must be made in advance.
- Bookings can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with a scanned copy of your booking form) or in person at Queenstown Events Centre Customer Services desk.
- Bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- NO REFUNDS, FAMILY CREDITS, OR DAY EXCHANGES will be made for changes or cancellations to bookings.
- Certain circumstances resulting in absences may be considered for Holiday Programme credit but there will be no refunds.
- If applying for an Oscar subsidy please make your booking directly with Shantelle Cockroft-Gerken on 03 450 1750 or email email@example.com
Programme Hours & Prices
- Day session: 8.00am - 3.30pm, prices start at $24 Juniors and $27 Seniors.
- Late session: 3.30pm - 5.30pm, $10 per child.
- Drop offs: Doors open at 8.00am but no later than 9.00am please as it is very disruptive. Late fees will be charged if you pick you child up after 3.30pm and additional costs if after 5.30pm.
- All children MUST bring water bottles and hats.
- Sessions are based from Queenstown Events Centre or Queenstown Memorial Centre.
- The staff-child ratio will be no less than 1:10 and 1:8 on away days.
- Packed lunches are recommended, however $5 Subway combos, $2.50 pizzas and $2 ice blocks are available most days. Please place your order in the morning with the supervisors. Pizza and ice blocks are unavailable for purchase at Queenstown Memorial Centre.
- The Holiday Programme has a "no nut policy".
- Please bring a warm jacket and shoes on cold days and sun hats on hot days.
- Please name all clothing. Lost property will be held for two weeks after the Holiday Progamme finishes, before being take to Happiness House.
- Please do not bring valuables to the Holiday programme, including new toys, iPods, PSPs jewellery or money.
Library Holiday Programme
Join us at Queenstown, Wanaka and Hawea Libraries for a range of fun activities. These sessions are free, however bookings are essential as spaces are limited. Contact Queenstown Library on 03 441 0600, Wanaka Library on 03 443 0410 or Hawea Library on 03 443 9371.