ICC U19 Cricket World Cup
Free entry to ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2018
Queenstown is all set for the return of international cricket this summer as one of four host venues for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
The John Davies Oval at Queenstown Events Centre will feature nine matches during the tournament which is being staged throughout New Zealand from 13 January until 3 February.
Entry is FREE to watch all matches which include England’s four group games against Namibia, Bangladesh and Canada starting on 15 January. The top two sides from each group advance to a Super League with six of these matches, including two quarter finals on 23 and 26 January, also played in Queenstown.
Could there be a better place to watch the future stars of world cricket?
There are few grounds around the world with a backdrop as stunning as the Remarkables. QLDC has invested $640,000 bringing the John Davies Oval back up to international standard and it’s looking in great condition.
Add some sunshine, a celebration of different cultures and the chance to see tomorrow’s stars today and it’s shaping up to be an exciting summer at Queenstown Events Centre!
- Scroll down to see the Queenstown fixture list
- You can find details of all matches in the tournament on its dedicated website.
- Gates open 9.30am on match days
- Matches begin at 10.30am with lunch around 2.00pm
- Play could continue up to around 6.40pm if required
- Please note that as a free, family-friendly event ALCOHOL IS NOT ALLOWED in the ground
- A food truck is available but there is no BYO or alcohol sales on site
- Everyone is welcome to bring their own picnic and soft drinks
- Parking at the Events Centre will be busier than normal on match days – please look out for signage and note that parking is not permitted anywhere on grass or on the verges of State Highway 6
- You may wish to use the $2 bus service now operating around the region – full details via Otago Regional Council’s website.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Tournament organisers, in conjunction with the ICC, have developed a set of Venue Regulations and Conditions of Entry to ensure the safety, protection, and enjoyment of all patrons attending the ICC Under19 Cricket World Cup 2018.
A copy of these Venue Regulations can be found online here or downloaded in PDF format here. Signage will also be printed and displayed at each of the spectator entry points at every match venue.
Anyone wishing to bring a musical instrument into any match venue must complete a Musical Instrument Registration Form and have it authorised by the tournament organisers. Full details can be found on the form which you can download here.