Colour Burst 2017
Tickets on sale now via Eventfinda
After last year's huge sell-out success, the Colour Burst is back for the second time in Queenstown!
Set beneath the magnificent backdrop of the Remarkables Mountain Range, get together with your friends, family and colleagues to participate in Queenstown's most colourful run and walk.
We are transforming a short and easy 4km fun run or walk into a colourful experience, inspired by India’s Holi Festival. Everyone is welcome to enter, both locals and visitors alike. It doesn't matter if you are fast or slow!
You will receive your own bag of coloured powder, and the course’s colour stations will transform your all-white outfits into a multi coloured ‘Colour Burst’.
Events of this kind are proving hugely successful, with hundreds of thousands of people attending around the world.
Sunday 29 January 2017 at Queenstown Events Centre
Keep up to date - follow Colour Burst on Facebook
ADULT (17+ years)
CHILD (5-16 years)
|Entry Fees||$35||$20||Free entry (T-shirts available for purchase, $10)|
|Late Entry Fees
(From Monday 16th January)
|$40 (t-shirt not included)||$25 (t-shirt not included)||Free entry (T-shirts available for purchase, $10)|
- No refunds available
- Saturday 28 January
10am - 2pm: Registration and pack pick-up; Queenstown Events Centre
- Sunday 29 January
9am - 10.45am: Late registration and pack pick-up; Queenstown Events Centre
11am: Event commences
- Parking: Ample free parking at Queenstown Events Centre. Field 4 will be open for overflow parking and traffic management will be in place.
- Registration: Function room, upstairs at Queenstown Events Centre
- Course: Following a 4km track around Queenstown Events Centre and Frankton Golf Course, the Colour Burst course is a safe and accessible track, ideal for all levels of fitness and ability.
- If you are unable to register on Saturday 28 January, please arrive from 10am on Sunday 29 January to register and collect your race pack. Get in early to beat the crowd! Everyone must be wearing a wrist band to participate in the event.
- You will receive your own bag of coloured powder. We recommend holding on to these until the start line, where we will do a mass throw together.
- Participants will be released in waves from the start line. We suggest any serious runners make their way to the front of the start line. Runners and walkers will then make their way around the scenic 4km course. You will pass through 6 different colour stations, where bursts of brightly coloured powder will be thrown at you.
- Food will be available afterwards so feel free to chill out and enjoy the sunshine.
- Remember to be sun smart! Slip, slop, slap and wrap! Sunblock will be available on the day.
- Cancellation will only be in the event of severe weather, the final decision being made by Colour Burst event management. Only upon these circumstances will refunds be provided. This decision would be made on the morning of the Colour Burst event.
Colour Care & What to Wear
- Your race pack will include a white ‘Colour Burst’ t-shirt, however we encourage you to dress up as wacky as you can and in as much white as possible. There will be spot prizes for the craziest outfits so dress to impress!
- The powder is made out of corn starch and non-toxic pigments. These colorants are impermanent, meaning the colour should easily wash out of clothing – we recommend dusting off as much powder as possible before you wash your garments. The dust may be irritating to eyes so we recommend closing eyes as you go through the colour stations. If you are concerned about the powder entering your mouth or eyes, it may be a good idea to wear sunglasses and use a bandana or dusk mask.
- A tip for the blondes – in some cases the colour likes to stick to blonde hair and can take a few washes to get out. If this concerns you, we suggest covering your hair or using a hair oil to make it easier to wash out.
- Cover your car seats with towels or rubbish bags to avoid a rainbow explosion in your car.
- Anti-dandruff shampoo and baking soda will help wash out any stubborn colour on your body.
Supporting Community Programmes
The Colour Burst is all about promoting community and visitor participation in a fun, safe and welcoming environment. All profits generated from the Colour Burst event will go back into supporting and developing valuable community programmes, including disability sport programmes, Kids Games and Leisurelys.
For more information about the Colour Burst, please contact Shantelle by email email@example.com or phone 021 201 6633.
Thanks to our Sponsors